Getting spiritually attacked at night? Don’t grow numb to it and allow the enemy to continue tormenting you in your sleep. It is God’s will that we not only sleep, but get actual rest at night. The Bible says: “…he grants sleep to those he loves.” (Psalm 127:2) and “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) If you you find yourself restless, afraid to go to bed, staying up late because you’re terrified of your dreams, here are several things you can do:
- Always pray before bed- Spending time with the Lord before bed is a sure way to dodge an impending spiritual attack. My recommendation is to read scriptures before bed and pray. One of my favorite passages of scripture to read before bed, especially if I seem to be getting attacked, is Psalm 91. Psalm 91 is a scripture that declares God’s promise of protection. We must not forget that this fight is a spiritual fight, not one of flesh and blood as it states in Ephesians chapter 6. This is another passage of scripture I like to recite before bed as well. From it, we learn about the spiritual armor that God tells us we need for this battle. One of those elements being the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Are your sharpening your sword by reading the Bible at night before bed? Also, during prayer, I make sure to plead the blood of Jesus over myself and my entire family. Just like in the Old Testament, the blood sacrifice of the lamb was placed on the doorpost of the home to keep God’s people from the plague of the firstborn. Because of the blood, the plague passed over their home and they were spared. This is how it operates today with the blood of Jesus. He was the worthy lamb that was slain for us! When you are covered with the blood of Jesus, it is a sign to any demonic entity that they must pass over. You’ve been bought with a price because Jesus died on the cross for you.
- Anointing oil– Take some oil, any oil, and pray over it. Anoint it and ask God to bless it in faith. Use this oil and anoint yourself with it every night on your forehead in the shape of a cross. Do this in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I also recommend praying over your home.. coming against any spirits that may be dwelling there and putting this oil in the shape of the cross on doors, windows, and any other openings. Sometimes I even do the air vents if I feel led.
- Sleep with worship music on– I love to sleep with worship music on! You can either play the music out loud, softly, or listen with some earbuds. It doesn’t necessarily need to be loud though because demonic spirits have good hearing. Trust me, they will hear the music from another room even if it’s low. I like to have a preplanned playlist instead of just letting random music play on YouTube because I want know what music will be playing while I am asleep. I especially like to include songs that talk about the blood of Jesus Christ and the resurrection. Be sensitive to the songs that you choose to play while you’re asleep!
- Do a clean sweep of your home– Make sure you have no familiar, accursed, or occultic objects in your home. These things are an open invitation for demonic activity! Examples of this can be idols, for example, a Buddha statue (no matter how small), a ouija board, a demonic doll, rock music cd’s, etc.. You really need to pray and be Holy Spirit led on this one! Ask him what you need to get rid of in your home!
- Repent every night- At night before bed I like to review my day with the Lord. He gently shows me areas where He is proud and areas in which I went wrong. I like to take the time to repent of any sin, known or unknown. Though I’m already saved and forgiven.. this helps to renew my mind daily and uproot any negative seeds that have been planted throughout the day. I refuse to let any unhealthy seed take root or drag unnecessary baggage into the next day with me. The enemy will feed on our sin and use it as an open door if we don’t continually submit ourselves unto the Lord.
I hope you found this helpful!! This year I will be blogging more in the areas of spiritual warfare, deliverance, mental health, and counseling so make sure you are subscribed to this website if you don’t want to miss a post! Thanks for reading.
Until next time,